Prayer and Praise
Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- We had a very fruitful time with the Signs of Love ministry last week. It is incredible to recognize the moment our friend Maira understands not only a sign but a concept. This past week the Bible study was on being accepted by God and being seen by God, vital concepts to understand especially as a member of the deaf community because they are largely rejected and ignored in their communities and families.
- We have hired an incredible woman, Lily, to help us with making chocolate. We have been amazed and awed since first meeting her at her proficiency and work ethic! Praise the Lord for leading us to her and for another opportunity to have impact in our community.
- The Sirkels had a successful trip to Tegucigalpa and the immigration office to take care of the documentation required for staying in country. (they continue to wait for their residency paperwork to be completed)
- Pray for Geoff as he prepares to preach in the coming weeks at our church. Pray for wisdom as he prepares to teach on marriage, and pray for the men and women in our church who will hear the teaching! May hearts be readied to hear truth!
- Join us as we pray for a growing burden among the men and women of our church for prayer and time in God's Word. May devoting time in His presence become priority among us all!
- As you may or may not have seen in the news recently, there is a large caravan of Hondurans (and other Central Americans) heading to the United States border. As a church here we have been praying for weeks for this situation, and we ask you join us as we pray for these men, women and children, over 7,000 souls who are desperate, without much hope, and facing extreme conditions. Only the Lord can redeem this situation, and we are begging for His intervention.
Please allow us the opportunity to pray for you as well. If there is anything in particular we can be joining you in prayer about, please let us know.
Geoff, Emily, Adelade and Eleanor Sirkel & Haden, Helen and Everett Outlaw